Romanesco Tabbouleh with Cucumber and Lime Dressing
Tabbouleh is a very popular side dish in the Arabic food culture. It is indeed prepared with far more herbs than how we werve it in Europe. In this recipe, the bulgur is replaced with Romanesco and will please vegans and non-vegans.
- - 1 romanesco
- - 4 tomatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes
- - 1 shallot, finely chopped
- - ¼ cucumber, cut into small cubes
- - ½ red pepper, peeled and cut into small cubes
- - 100 gr pecan nuts, finely chopped
- - 4 tbsp chopped parsley
- - 4 tbsp finely cut (Moroccan) mint
- - 4 tbsp finely chopped basil
- - 4 tbsp pine nuts
- - 1 small red chili pepper, very finely cut
- FOR THE DRESSING:
- - 2 tbsp of Belberry Fresh Lime Vinegar
- - 2 tbsp Belberry Green Cucumber Vinegar
- - 4 tbsp olive oil
- - 2 cloves of garlic, pressed
- - grinded black pepper
- - Himalayan salt
Cut the romanesco into smaller pieces and grind them in a kitchen robot with 'S' knife until you have a small 'tabbouleh' grain. Do not grind too long, otherwise it will be a mousse. Pour the tabbouleh in a large bowl.
Mix your greens, spices, nuts en chili pepper.
Pour all your ingredients for the dressing in a bowl in a shaker, shake well.
Pour the dressing over your vegan tabouleh.