Looking for an easy but impressive looking dessert? The sweet pineapple cream and the crunchy pieces of Napoleon candy make a perfect balance of the different flavours and textures. This sweet yellowish dessert is going to be the star on your table.
– 4 slices pineapple
– Fresh lemongrass
– 8 Napoleon candies, crushed
FOR THE PUFF PASTRY BISCUITS
– 12 rounds puff pastry
– 1 egg yolk
FOR THE YELLOW CREAM
– 4 dl full-cream milk
– 100 g Belberry Pineapple Jam
– 4 egg yolks
– 50 g granulated sugar
– 30 g flour
– 20 g corn-starch
FOR THE EGG WHITE
– 4 egg whites
– 1 dl Belberry Pineapple & Coconut Fruit Sauce
- Use a biscuit cutter and cut small rounds out of the pineapple slices.
- Preheat your oven on 180°C. Brush the top of your pastry rounds with egg yolk and sprinkle with the crushed candies. Bake for 10 minutes and cut in half.
- Make the yellow cream: Boil the milk up with the jam. Whisk your egg whites with the granulated sugar until you have a smooth mixture. Sieve the flour and corn-starch over it. Pour the milk in it and whisk again while heating up. Let it thicken while stirring all the time.
- Beat the egg whites stiff and finish with your fruit sauce.
- Place a round puff pastry, top it with yellow cream and add a teaspoon fruity egg white. Add the candy biscuits on top.
- Finish with pineapple slices, lemongrass and crumbs of the crushed Napoleons.