Looking for that tiny detail to spice up your Mediterranean dishes? The Andalusian Pickled oranges are sure to excite foodies everywhere.
4 duck breasts of 160 gr or 5.6 oz each, skinned, trimmed
8 ground chicory stems
1 cup Andalusian Pickled Oranges BELBERRY
Milled black pepper and coarse sea salt
- Heat up your frying pan. Cut in the fat edge, season with pepper and a little coarse salt and fry, first at the fatty edge, in the pan.
- Fry 2 minutes on each side. Remove the duck breast out the pan, pour over the orange brine
- Cook further in a preheated oven at 160°C till ready
- Use the same pan to fry the halved chicory stems and brown them briefly
- Drain the fat and distribute the orange quarters and the rest of the brine to the chicory. Let it cook under the lid
- Remove the chicory and oranges from the pan and reduce half of the cooking juices to a fantastic savoury sauce
- Arrange slices of duck and finish with the chicory and the candied orange parts